Tuesday, June 5, 2007

turtle rescue

Okay... So... I went with my friend to the humane society place to pay her dog tags... and... dang it... I HATE that place! All the dogs...cats...bunnies... TURTLES needing homes. I left with her ~ strong ~ "I won't do it!". Later... I went back on my own... weak, humbled, determined to rescue something. OH! Not one, but TWO slider turtles ended up in my hands... I took 'em to my parents house (as I'm leaving for a trip) and added 'em to the one slider's pool. 4 + 2 = 6 turtles! I thought my Dad would flip! I sneaked in the side gate so he wouldn't see me... but he rounded the other side of the house as I was slipping them into the pool.

"What ARE you doing?"
"uhhhh....nothing?"

Then he spotted them... I held my breath.

"Oh... two more females? Now we gotta get you a male so they'll have babies."

I almost fell over into the pool! Something has happened to that man. Or perhaps he's just resigned that I'm going to forever be rescuing animals???

I figured, he didn't flip about the turtles... so that was the best time to tell him about the pond. I did. He said, "need help?" OH MY GOD!

Now... I'm going to find some horses to rescue!

1 comment:

  1. Horses don't like ponds do they? :) Oddly enough as my father got older he got "softer" about animals in general.

    ReplyDelete