Thursday, June 7, 2007

Silent and Still





Let me tell you HOW this started for me... So, it was a few days before Christmas and I needed a couple small gifts for my Mom. Since she loves to read... I thought a book would be good. I went down to the book store by my house... ran in thinking I'd find a book real quick. Ummm then IT hit me! My bladder was FULL. Therefore, I grabbed two random books off the shelf... shuffled to the counter...paid the lady and ran!

Now fast forward... I was getting ready to go to Texas and didn't have anything (new) to read on the trip... So, my Mom gave me one of the two books I had gotten her. I read the entire book during those few days in Texas... I was SO inspired and motivated and in awe of this couple and their horse rescue... I just HAD to meet them. Can't even begin to tell you the impact that book had on ME. So... I sent a letter... and they responded! They invited ME to meet with them and visit their ranch. Thus I AM in Oregon... meeting this amazing couple and their horses and staff... What an honor!

And can I just tell ya... there IS something so awesome about starting the morning  'round a fire pit! THAT is what I'm talking about! Watching a horse be worked in a round-pen... listening to stories from their ministry AND being encouraged in my own dreams and goals... When I get home, I am moving forward with this passion... cuz I know, that I know that I am on the right path... It's that deep knowing thing I get from time to time. When I AM silent and still... I can hear the voice guiding my next steps.



No comments:

Post a Comment