Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blinders and BloPPing

Okay Okay... I'm awake. This bed is the next best thing to MY bed. That and I'm totally wiped out. And this is only day two! Because I have a full kitchen in here, I went to the market and got "groceries" i.e. coffee, hot cheetos, pizza ~ ya know things I CAN "cook". However, I did NOT get coffee filters ~ thus my coffee is a bit grainy. Yuck! It'll suffice though.

We had a "homework" assignment... part of it was to list the 5 hottest topics in America today. ummmm I don't know? I don't watch the news or read the paper... on purpose. I think there's so much evil and WRONG in our world, that I don't feel the need to inundate myself with it... life is depressing enough without turning on the TEA VEE and hearing about ALL that is depressing about our world. Yet, SHE (omg one of my favorite authors/speakers) said it is important to keep up on what's happening. Here's my internal battle... Do I succumb and watch the news because someone I respect greatly said it's important, or do I continue to live with my self-imposed blinders on because it allows me to sleep at night?

Well, I suppose I should go get ready for my day. Layers... I'll wear layers because it's hot hoT HOT outside and cold colD COLD inside. I'm confident this helps my cold situation. Oh and btw... they talked about the importance of BLOppING! I knew I was onto something ;)

2 comments:

  1. paper towels make good coffee filters in a pinch...

    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a firm believer in keeping up on worldy events as I do think it directly affects us in one way or another.

    www.cnn.com

    ReplyDelete