Friday, June 15, 2007

All 'A Board

Where do I start? Everything is moving so quickly, I can scarcely take it in...

Met with L yesterday... She's IN. We sat at her kitchen table and I began to tell her about my "passion". I could see the wheels spinning in the depth of her eyes... She teared up and said, "Count me in Krista..." We went out in search of her turtle, whom her late husband C named "Titus". I said, "ummm L, he's a SHE...that's a female turtle." L believes in this "mission"... she said, "C would have been honored to be a part of this... and so am I." We hugged, I left.

Came home to a phone call from my "fuck 'em" Mother... This is how our brief call went...
"Krista... remember years ago when Oprah wanted us to go on her show?"
"uhhh yeah."
"And I refused?"
"Yes, I remember."
"I'll do it now. I'll go and tell OUR story... if it means raising the money for your horse program, I'll do it. I'll be embarrassed as hell, but I'll go."

OMG! First, can I just tell you how awesome it is to see this woman... who has lived the "Million Pieces" book (for real, not a lie... that WAS her life)... she's completely turned her life around. Second, can I tell you how amazing it is to end a call with the woman who gave birth to me, severely abused and neglected me (to the point where the medical professionals said the odds were AGAINST me surviving), with "I LOVE YOU." Forgiveness is a powerful thing... I forgave her years ago, and our healing began... NOW she's willing to go on National television and tell OUR story in order to help other children like her... and me.

AND now... I need YOUR help. It's called, "Rescued Animals Rescuing Children" ~ That's the proposal I've written and need YOU to vote, leave comments and tell EVERYONE you know about it... Go to http://www.membersproject.com/ Find project ID # 07305

All 'A Board! Who's IN?

No comments:

Post a Comment