Saturday, June 9, 2007

Outa the Clouds




BTW most of the horses on this ranch are rescued... Ummm my favorite is the one rescued from Katrina... That horse was swept up in the water along with all the others... He found a place to get something solid under his feet and patiently waited for...THREE WEEKS for help. Living off the bark of a tree and whatever happened to float by, this little guy held on for dear life. Sheer determination and will... he was rescued.

Sometimes the storms of life sweep us up and the water level is so deep and the turmoil... oh the anguish! We hold on for dear life and wait for help to arrive... If we're not careful, we may not recognize help when it does arrive. I think of that story of the man who was in the storm...

After days of raining, flooding becomes a concern of the local town’s people. As the flood-waters rise people begin to climb onto the roof of their homes. After climbing onto his roof, the man begins to pray ardently, “God please save me.” As the man waits for an answer, a boat comes by, but the man tells the owner of the boat, that God is going to save him. The boat goes on. A little while later a helicopter fly’s overhead and a latter is lowered, but the man waves the helicopter off while screaming that God is going to save me. Well the flood-waters continued to rise and the man drowns. When he gets to heaven, St. Peter asks, “How did you die?” The man tells him how a flood caught him and that he drowned. The man then asks St. Peter a question, “Why God did not answer my prayers and save me?” St. Peter tells the man, “I don’t understand, God sent you a boat and a helicopter.”

There are other rescued horses... one that had been beaten so badly, the doc had to sew her face back together... one who had been starved past recognition... So many...

There's a little dog in the pound ~ Hammy. I saw him when I went with my friend that day. I was strong... well except for the two turtles I got. Later I was telling my mom about him, "And there's a dog there that looks just like Reggie!" "Is his name Hammy?" "Yes" She saw him too... Little Hammy NEEDS a home! He's gotta be coming up on his last days at that damn KILL shelter... I called my Mom when I landed in Oregon and asked her to go get Hammy outa jail for me. She told me NO WAY! But if he's still there on Monday... I'm going to get him myself . LOL

I digress... This day marks the end of my Oregon trip. We are flying out tonight... Another plane! This flying business... I don't know that I can get the hang of it. I'm driving to New Mexico in a couple weeks... I like to keep both feet on the ground at all times... well except when I'm dreaming my dreams ~ I definitely need someone to bring me out of the clouds sometimes....

Off to dream my next "mission"...

No comments:

Post a Comment