Friday, May 4, 2007

Canary


The Canary
I was driving home one day, rush hour traffic on Chapman Avenue and I saw a little yellow bird in the street. It was flapping around and in imminent danger of being crushed under the wheel of one of the many cars moving in it's direction. I couldn't just drive by it and not do anything... So, I pulled over in the "no stopping anytime" zone, jumped out of my car... stopped traffic on the MAJOR street and scooped up the little bird.
I immediately took it to my vet's office. "I found this little bird in the middle of Chapman Avenue... Do what you can for it please." The vet said, he didn't think it would survive... They told me it was a Canary... So, I left the little Canary in the hands of my vet and went home. I had hope and faith that the little Canary would be okay ~ and I began to read everything I could about Canaries...
Did you know???? The word "Canary" is derived from the Latin Canaria, "of the dogs". Oh and they SING... That expression, "sing like a Canary" is indicative of their innate, natural instinct to sing. And it doesn't matter WHERE they are or WHO their audience is... if you place them in the kitchen, they sing. In the living room, they sing... Canaries SING EVERYWHERE.
Ahhh I prayed for that little Canary... I had faith and believed...
The next day, I got a call, "Your parakeet is ready to be picked up." "Ummm I don't have a Parakeet." "Yes, you brought it in yesterday." But, but, but... I studied about Canaries... So, I went and picked up the Parakeet whom I named, "Canary".

No comments:

Post a Comment