Thursday, September 27, 2007

Vet Check



So... Grace had her "vet check" today. Umm have YOU ever seen a horse dewormed? Me either. My friend called just before the doc got there...

She said, "Krista, have you ever seen a horse dewormed?"

I said, "ummm No."

She then proceeded to tell me, "... well they put a needle down her nose..."

I cut her off! I couldn't hear about it. So, the doc gets there... I get her harnessed and bring her out. The assistant gets a GOOD hold of her... I was going to take a picture of her first "vet check" (awww how cute), but when I came to.......... YOU think I'm kidding! It was HORRIBLE! She reared up and like 'ta took his head OFF. He said, "Lady, when she puts on some weight, you're gonna have a lot of horse to handle!" He mentioned something about her being "spirited" before he left. :)

I called K back, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME IT WAS GOING TO BE THAT BAD?!"

She said, "WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?!"

Doc said she's still too skinny to ride. Her withers stand up so high... it would literally hurt her to put a saddle on. That's kinda a good thing, cuz I don't have a saddle. I'm trying to sell my Vespa ~ so that I can buy a saddle... And I am even more convinced that she WILL throw me (I've been thrown before ~ never mind that I broke my tail bone...and my nose...and my collar bone...and my head...) 'specially because I LED her to her trauma today. AND tomorrow she's getting a "manicure". Have you ever seen a horse get it's hooves trimmed? It ain't pretty.

My sweet, half starved mare... IS coming out of her emotional "coma". I WILL ride her. It's almost like breaking a horse for the first time...

Speaking of breaking a horse... the mustangs are arriving soon. Wild baby mustangs... I want one! I can break it...and the kicks won't hurt as bad. I've broken a horse before... nobody said it was easy. Some say ~ Mustangs can't be tamed. But then... some say that about me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment