Thursday, September 13, 2007

Liminality

I stand at the crossroads in Liminality
it's here I must choose the land of
fantasy or reality
The decision is mine
it's my choice to make
I struggle with the fear
of making a mistake
Fantasy is the land
with pink elephants and lemonade
where carrousels are free
and march on parade
There are no tears in this
land to find
only polka dotted flowers and
magical rhymes
Reality is the land
with logic and reason
where the mind is intended
for scholarly legions
Here man struggles
for individuality
to find true meaning and
life's causality
I cannot decide which road to take
For if I choose one the other I negate...
Because I cannot decide
which land to plea
I choose to abide in
Liminality
KBD
I wrote this poem some time ago... It was actually the first thing I ever published... From time to time I find myself standing at that same crossroad... I clearly have two choices ~ which one do I take? My heart tells me one direction, My head tells me another. Ya know ~ sometimes I think it WOULD be easier to be a "tin man" with NO heart at all...


No comments:

Post a Comment