Friday, September 21, 2007

Three against ONE?!


Light the Night was incredible. We had over a hundred people from our church walk in memory of Chuck! Did I mention "walk"? We walked the outside of the parking lot AND the entire second floor of the Angels Stadium...


Did I mention that working with a horse IS hard? Here is Grace acting like she took the bit with NO problem! Ummm 40 min. later I got it in her mouth! I just put it on (and the reins) for about 10 min. (just to get her used to it again). My gentle, half starved mare ~ who has filled in the ribs and sunken butt rather nicely AND aquired a slight "personality" ~ gave me HELL today. :)

I took her in the arena and lunged her today. With a 30 foot lead rope attached to her halter and my hand at the other end of that rope... I turned her out... waved the whip... and she BUCKED like a RODEO bull! Nearly pulled my arm out of the socket... Show NO fear Krista! Make NO mistake ~ she WILL throw me when I first ride her... and make NO mistake ~ I WILL wear a helmet. I have met my match indeed. I will NOT give up, until Grace and I are riding like old friends...
Now meet the instigators ~ the one's I believe to be responsible for my sweet horse's new "disposition". Bo (the grey gelding) is blind. He's a nice little old man... but follows Misty's lead (the brown mare that I lock in the stall when I take Grace out). Misty is mischievous ~ as she will lead Bo into fences, lock him in the stall or lock him out... just for FUN. I swear ~ I've watched her lead him into the water bucket...and I swear she laughs about it.
So... today ~ as my beautiful baby was BUCKING like a wild woman... I look over and see Bo and Misty rootin' her on from the side lines! Three against ONE ~ how is that fair?!

No comments:

Post a Comment