Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Reggie

Reggie! My little man... died one year ago...

I found him running up the middle of a busy street in Santa Ana. Pulled over, got out of my car and called to him, "come here puppy." He stopped, looked at me and continued running. So, I tried again, "venga aqui pero". He understood and came to me! My new rescue spoke Spanish!

He was sick for a long time... I hand fed him ~ every 20 min. for a couple months. (yes, I was severely sleep deprived). On this day, last year... My Reggie died in my arms. I put him on the bed... held a mirror up to his face (to make sure there were no more breaths being taken) and wrapped him in a blanket... It was late, so I couldn't bury him or take him anywhere, so I put him in his "box" and closed it in the bathroom.

I went outside to inform the family of our little members' passing and heard a horrible wail come from inside the house. JoJo was standing at the bathroom door, crying. I opened the door (at his insistence) and he went to the box holding his little friend. He looked up at me, "take the lid off." I did. JoJo reached his big head inside the box, licked Reggie one last time then turned and went to his bed and cried all night... cried for weeks. He really grieved...

Though it's against the law... Reggie in buried in MY little animal cemetery.



No comments:

Post a Comment