Thursday, July 26, 2007

Taking Matters into my own hands...

I hated it! Today was my "hair cut" day... and I totally hated it! I woulda cried, but I had a client. It was horrible and now I'm afraid it's worse. LOL I took matters into my own hands ~ which apparently were holding that razor... So, what I've decided is this ~ they can fiddle with my make-up, my clothes, even my eye-brows... but never, will they ever touch my hair again. It just brought me back to my modeling days... my (then) agent tried to tell me what to do ~ I remember the Ms. Orange pageant... Long hair, Krista... the girls with long hair are winning. Geeze. I can't be put into a box again. What you see with me, is what you get. And right now... I have a self-inflicted hair cut AND I'm speaking in a few days, in another state!

So... this gal called me on Tues. She was referred to me because she has extreme anxiety and depression. I heard it in her voice... something wasn't right... and I wasn't comfortable letting her off the phone until she scheduled an appointment with me. Finally got her to commit to seeing me tonight. (see why I couldn't be crying about my hair cut?). So... she showed up, with her mother.

Her mother began to tell me what the (40 year old) daughter's "problem" was... I just listened and observed... and when I had enough, I stopped the mother, looked at the woman and said, "Would you like to know what I think?"

Guess they came for my opinion after all :) I said, "Based on the physical symptoms you are describing... I would say, it stems back to an emotional injury somewhere between the ages of 2-4." Blank stares. If at first you don't succeed, try try again. "What happened to you between the ages of 2-4?" Blank stares. I knew that I knew what I was talking about... my intuition had kicked in and I was confident of what I was saying... Finally the mother says... she was kidnapped at age two and it took us a long time to find her. To that, the young woman broke down... Bless her heart! She shared with me, that she fully intended to kill herself on Tuesday, but called me as a last ditch effort to find some reason not to do it... I HOPE she found that reason...

Suddenly my hair wasn't so important anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment