Sunday, April 22, 2007

Trust Was Broken

Ahhh to live like a human again! I'm HOME... moved all the big stuff back into the house and now I'm putting it all together ~ only nuthin' remains the same. I'm changing the furniture placement and that will take some getting used to (as I AM a creature of habit).

So... today I was thinking ~ how "safe" is my name on the lips of others? How "safe" are my thoughts, feelings...things I shared in confidence? How "sacred" are the things you share with others? If you begin to hear things that you shared with someone in confidence come back to you through another source ~ you know your trust was broken.

How else did I learn about what was being said about me? From this one's lips, to that one's ears... from that one's lips to the other one's ears... from the other one's lips to MY ears. I heard it ALL and it's called "gossip". It's one person's version of the game "Telephone": where it doesn't matter what was really said first- it only matters what the last person "repeats"-- and all too often the info is never relayed accurately... and people are calling that sharing in "love".

Listen to the people around you and you will know how "safe" you are with them. If they talk badly about others, chances are they WILL (and do) talk badly about YOU. It's true. Test it out. Another thing to ponder... If someone is willing to lie to another (someone they are in relationship with or profess to care about deeply), what are the chances they are willing to lie to YOU? Was I wrong in my suspicion? Apparently not... Time has revealed, that my intuition was right... Though it was adamantly denied when I confronted it... I knew all the way down to my little toe ~ that there was a lie being told and it wasn't coming from me.

Some time ago I learned that a letter I wrote ~ expressing my deepest thoughts and feelings was read to another person. Though I am certain they had a great time dissecting it (and me with it)... what a violation! And how do I know that I was "game" to them, because it came full circle. So, I say again... how sacred are the things you share with another person in confidence? Do they have loose lips? If you begin to hear things you shared with someone come back from another source, you know your trust was broken... Indeed, broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment