Saturday, April 28, 2007

GRACE



My friend called me one day... She asked me to "make" something she could hang in her break room ~ something to remind her co-workers to be nicer to each other. So, I sketched this and I sketched that... nothing really "caught" me. Then... I fiddled with "simple" and THAT caught me. It's simple ~ the word GRACE... however, if you look closely it is written with the words to the Serenity Prayer. I framed it and gave it to her... I liked it. Yet, it never ended up on that wall in the break room ~ rather it remained crushed in the back of her car for weeks ~ months... prolly in the trash now. So much for GRACE. Oh, the point is ~ as I was cleaning out the closet with all my "art" stuff in it... I came across all the "oops" pictures ~ I worked hard on that... I wanted it to be perfect. Well, it just reminded me, that's all.



Okay... I'm going to pamper myself today with a manicure/pedicure. My poor hands... they are so beat up from all the manual labor I've been doing. Yet, there's some sweet satisfaction as I look around my house and SEE what I have done ~ I worked hard!


Now... go give some GRACE to someone... we could ALL use a little ourselves... :)

1 comment:

  1. Too bad it didn't end up on the wall. I looked at it close up...I would've framed it, crushed and all and hung it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete