Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Homeless

Homeless
So... I had an "out of body" experience last night... It went like this, "There's somebody sleeping in MY tent and there SHE is." Okay, Goldie-locks... it seems the cold has frozen your brain." Back into my body. Then I heard a strange sound. It went like this, "Let me in, let me in." "Not by the hair of Abby's chinny chin chin!"
So my gay dog, jojo and the pillow princess, Abby weathered the night in the tent. However, I had to chase Abby around the yard as she was refusing to get into the tent. :) She growled, snapped and simply refused. She'd go to the back door and whine... Alas! We survived.
There I was, all tucked into my little "bed", flashlight behind my head...reading. And I was struck with the thrill of the "adventure". This is something I would never have imagined myself doing. Heck, I'm as OCD as they come... and normally this chaos would drive me nuts. Yet, I feel a certain peace. The ONLY thing I did not take into consideration...was that fact that I would NOT have access to my bathroom... uh huh... let me just say, I have a pot and the tent has windows. Therefore, I consider myself blessed!
We will be homeless for a few more days... but really aside from the cold (at night) it's not that bad. Everything I NEED is in my tent ~ my dogs, flashlight, phone, water and books. My friends did offer for me to stay with them ~ but 1. they live too far, I need to be closer to let the workers in etc... 2. they have animals ~ and jojo... well ya know... So we make do. Ya know, when things are "tough" you truly find out who your friends are. There are some that I wouldn't take "help" from if my life depended on it... then again ~ those aren't the one's offering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment