Monday, April 16, 2007

Moses...Where's my tent?

Yeah... So I am blopping from my tent (uh huh wireless lap top that my brother got me cuz he lost the bet)! I feel like one of those Jews that wondered in the wilderness for 40 years... When will this end? Oh, it just started... The inside of my house looks like a giant condom ~ there is plastic everywhere AND powdery white stuff. Alas all good things must come to an end... This is supposed to be completed by Sat. Yahoooo!

Where does a girl have to go to find serenity? Went to my office ~ thinking "at least it's quiet and warm there." Wrong! They are putting a new roof on the entire building! Pound. Pound. Tap. Tap. Well, it seems the universe is determined to give me a fresh start in every sense of the word ~ I am thankful! Truly I am. It's just hard to get into the "spirit" of it when I'm wearing 3 layers of clothes, a beanie, a million layers of blankets and my fingers are numb...

The good news is ~ I got another contract today. This one is with an organization that...drum roll please....helps homeless people. I thought that was appropriate since I am currently homeless. :) I'm excited about this contract!

Okay... I'm going to bundle up some more... I truly have an appreciation for those that are less fortunate than I am. Some live like this for a longer duration... Makes me realize how much I really do have. It isn't much mind you... Some people give away more money than I make in a year... yet, what I do have, I freely share with others. It is written... that which you do to the least of these, you also do unto ME. I couldn't imagine turning someone away in their time of need... Perhaps that is why I am so excited about this contract ~ it's not for money (because most of it will be done pro-bono) but I will have a chance to give what little I CAN to those "least of these".

Moses... where's my tent?

No comments:

Post a Comment