Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Remembrance

Being remembered and supported feels undeniably GOOD. It's a sweet reminder that we are special to someone. Really, the size or quantity of the "remembrance" isn't as important to us as the fact that... we just are. Many psychology studies have concluded over and over again that one of the greatest driving forces of the human heart... is simply to be needed. I needed the support of the many who have shown me "remembrances" through out my life ~ and specifically on Saturday... To need another person should beget thanking them as well. Sometimes we can do that in uniquely simple ways. And if we are faithful in this endeavor...every now and then, something remarkable happens...

Sending "thank you" cards out tomorrow... Writing them each individually ~ because I am thankful for each individual person who cared enough to support me and remember me by participating in the celebration of my new office...

No comments:

Post a Comment