Friday, August 17, 2007

Hope


Next order of business... I just got my first monthly article for Positively Feminine! I'm excited about that. That means I best charge up my creative energy, because I have a lot to write about.


BUT let me tell YOU about my by BIGGEST JOY this week ~ she was in 4th grade when we began our counseling sessions together. Little S had lived a life, most people have nightmares about. Her father was in prison then... I met with her 2 x's a week. Into the 5th grade, I was able to see her that year too. Then she went off to middle school and I thought I'd never see her again. Yet, she never left my heart and I thought about her often. A couple years ago, I was contracted to work at the high school. Counting on my fingers, I figured S would have been in 9th grade and might be at that HS. She was! I called her to my little office. She opened the door, saw me and just cried, "Krista why did you leave me? Why did you leave my life?" I, of course informed her that I didn't leave ~ she had the audacity to go to middle school. LOL We met 2 x's a week during her freshman year... then my contract ended. I still get e-mails here and there from former "students", but I hadn't heard from little S (in a year). I got an e-mail from her last night! She needs a light in her dark world... Despite the fact that this young lady has been beaten, tortured, emotionally battered, rejected by her family... she has NOT given up HOPE.




No comments:

Post a Comment