Thursday, August 23, 2007

How long does it take

How long does it take to get HOME from LONG BEACH?! Well, it depends on IF your alternator goes OUT. So...there I was in my shiny shoes... at the ART show, minding my own business. :) Which btw... HER work is beyond incredible. Some of the people there were interesting, however for the most part, I don't fit into THAT world. I just think there's more to life than fame and money... but in all honesty, I did meet some good people.

Went to my car and it wouldn't start. Called the AAA folks and they were there in a flash. I got JUMPED and I was on my way... stopped. got out. went back to my car. and it wouldn't start again. Ummm AAA can you come jump my car again? Never mind that I was parked illegally! Jumped again. Headed home.

Get about 2 lights from home... coinciding events: my lights went out. pOlicE man turned his lights on. My car dies (while driving mind you)... steering goes OUT. and I'm getting pulled over. Guess I couldn't have pulled an OJ if I wanted to.

"Ma'am please step out of your vehicle." ("no worries, my air conditioning just stopped too.")
"Have you had any alcohol tonight."
"No sir, I've only had water (and I'm almost out of smokes, so could we make this quick.)"

CLEARLY I was having car trouble! and it was closing in on 1 am. He shined his friggin light in my eyes, checks my car and would you believe it wouldn't start JUST like I said it wouldn't? He then proceeded to get into his car and leave me... in a dark parking lot, 2 lights from home, with a dead car. Uhhh AAA third times a charm?

They said they'd be there within 30 min. Around 2 am they called and said, "We'll be there in about 45 min." 3 am! The guy was nice, but I must admit I was a tiny bit anxious. I got JUMPED again! it started. and immediately died. So... he towed it to the shop. Almost 4 am... and I finally stumbled into the house. Feeling drunk, though I only had water.

Now, I must get ready. I'm meeting with the radio guy at my office. LOL I DO have my Vespa... and I WILL be pulling up on that red machine.

So tell me... How long does it take to get HOME from LONG BEACH?!

No comments:

Post a Comment