Thursday, August 30, 2007

An Angel without wings...



I first saw her several months ago... Went to "check out" a property for possible purchase... and in the barn was a lonely Mare. I stepped up to the gate and she came toward me... I could see the saddness in her eyes. I wanted her. The owners wanted a fortune for her and I didn't have THAT kind of money...

My friend called yesterday and said they might GIVE her to me. Really?! Guess they haven't been able to sell her for their asking price...and she has since then lost a tremendous amount of weight. See... the owners moved some time ago... they were depending on their neighbors to feed her... somewhere in all of that ~ she's worse (than when I saw her). But the ranch is FULL (there are 10 horses now and there's "no room at the Inn"). I frantically called Linda... who in turn called her friends... who called their friends... My Kindred Family is pulling for this mare...
As I told Linda last night ~ my GOD won't forget even the smallest of sparrows, surely He won't forget a starving mare... WHEN I wrap my arms around her neck and welcome her HOME(where ever that may be) I will name her GRACE. For HIS grace is sufficient!
I spoke with the owner last night and she's still reluctant to give up the horse. I'll be patient... We can "house" her temporarily at least at the Ranch... see how she does with the herd... but a gal at my church said she will have stalls put on her property and be ready in to take her in two weeks! (did you catch that? The woman is willing to MAKE a home for this horse?!).
I am often moved to tears by the plight of the innocent... This little horse has no idea how many hearts she's already touched. From the moment I saw her many months ago... I wanted her. When our eye's met, our souls connected ~ that's what horses do, ya know? Some say, horses are angels without wings...


2 comments:

  1. Miss Krista,

    It's Susan from Kindred. I was told that you were starting to work with horses. How wonderful! I'm sure that you've heard the program that Dr. Dobson had Kim from Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch. What wonderful work...reach hurting children and animals.

    Blessings to you dear one...may God bless your venture and you as you reach to the least among us. Animals have always touched my heart in a very deep and profound way.

    See you at Light the Night!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Susan... Yes, Kim and Troy have become dear friends and they have been committed to our horse program ~ guiding us in this process. If you ever get the chance ~ go visit them at their ranch in Oregon! It's amazing!

    Light the Night is just around the corner! Glad you are going to be there.

    See YOU in church... :)

    Blessings,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete