Friday, January 19, 2007

Life IS Great!

One really knows who their friends are when "life ain't so great"... They are the one's still standing beside you when "life" kicks your butt... They are the strangers you meet that show you more kindness and compassion... Life kicked my butt about 3 1/2 months ago... and I don't mean slightly, I mean completely, devastated my life. My Mom called one night and asked me what I was doing. I said, "Oh I'm just sitting here writing a country western song". Naturally she wanted to know what my song was about. LOL "Ah you know... I lost my business, got kicked to the curb (dumped), my refrigerator died, my dog died and I just lost my job." ~ ALL in ONE week. There were more days that I went hungry...because I didn't have food or money. For a while there I was "eating at cosTco". No, not buying food at cosTco... eating at the "sample stands". No heat. No money. Collecting cans for money... God sent many Angles my way though... friends that encouraged me and lifted me up when I felt the lowest. I was blessed!

Other people's lies and deceit cost ME a lot of heartache and grief. I've cleaned up my social circle and life has been so peaceful ~ despite the hard times. There simply is NO room for toxic people in MY life. I was knocked down...and stayed down for a couple weeks... but then I was up and fighting for my survival...

Since that night of my country western song ~ I have written my second book (due out in a few months), developed a plan, received funding and started MY business. I signed the papers last week! Once the construction is completed, I will move into my NEW office! (aiming for Monday). LIFE IS GREAT! If there was anything that made the difference ~ it was the attitude I CHOSE to have... I chose to be thankful for the trials, I chose to be thankful for the dear people that blessed me along the way, and I CHOSE to keep my FAITH!

As Viktor Frankl once said, "Everything can be taken from man, but one thing...the last of his freedom to chose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances." Amen to that!

And now I embark on the next season of my life. Of course there are those that I thought would be a part of this journey...and it saddens me to say...they aren't. However, I am thrilled by the new friends I have made and I'm excited!

Peace and Blessings......

No comments:

Post a Comment