Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fantastic

Fantastic!

Church was... hmmm... a promise fulfilled, a transition and church restored! Our new pastor began his leg of the race for our humble little church today... There is no way to express the wonder of my GOD ~ our pastor died two years ago... and we've been struggling as a congregation, yet held fast to the promise the God would bring us a man after His own heart... Pastor Phillip De Courcy IS that promise fulfilled.

After church, I went out to my beautiful Grace... Mr. V and I walked her down to the public arena to "seat" her for the first time. He looked at me,
"You want to go first?"
"Nah, why don't YOU go first?" (I ain't THAT brave)

So, he got on her back... she walked a few steps...and reared UP! Didn't throw him though. My turn... He told me to walk her around the arena (holding the reins). Grace and I set out... but I tied the reins to the saddle, with enough slack... and we did our dance (that we've been doing for the past 5 weeks). She followed me and responded to all my voice commands. Mr. V was impressed ~ said he could tell I've been working with her. Then I climbed up on the fence...and eased my "seat" onto her back... and with a little nudge from my boot, we set out to walk, slowly... no threat of a "spook". THEN a lady on her horse came into the arena and "loped" her gelding. Okay... so THEN I was nervous! One wrong move and was hamburger meat! I just talked her through... and our pleasant, peaceful ride continued.

She didn't rear up or try to walk me into the fence or try to throw me... It was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment