Thursday, May 8, 2008

random or no?

So, I was sitting here pondering the universe... and I came across an internal question. Do things happen in our lives at random or could it be that there is no such thing as "coincidence"? The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that everything happens for a reason. Even if the reason is not known to me... now or ever... there is still a greater purpose.

My life is not a tangled knot of misguided threads or chance encounters or random experiences. So now my question IS, will the reasons ever be revealed to me? Do I even need to know or is it simply a desire to know?

And if things don't happen by accident, then there must be an intelligent source guiding my life. There are times where I can look back and see that something greater than myself was intervening on my behalf. For example... not that long ago (a few months maybe)... I was out with the horses and suddenly felt the need to go home. For no apparant reason ~ I just felt like I needed to leave. So, I cut my time short with the horses and drove home.

Once I was home, I flipped on the t.v. while I was cooking and one of those "we interrupt this program" flashed on the screen. Two small planes collided and debris landed on a car dealership and surface drive... THE very street I WOULD have been driving on (when the collision happened) had I left at my USUAL time.

This "runaway train of thought" was sparked recently by a seemingly "chance encounter". Was it a coincidence? Why was I at that place, at that time and why did I have to see THAT person?

So, random or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment